A Kenyan woman leaving in the US has threatened to sue a Chineese Firm, Hong Kong Maryco Company Limited for selling to her fish that was contaminated.
Sandra Ndube who leaves in Washington says, she has given the firm 48 hours from now to compensate her failure to which she will proceed and sue the Company.
“It is quite unfortunate that I shipped fish to my home Country which I had no knowledge about that the whole container was contaminated”, she said.
Sandra said that she has been shipping fish to Kenya for quite some time now and most people who consumed her fish liked it very much.
Three people were reportedly hospitalised at Kenyatta National Hospital suffering from food poisoning scombroid on 6th September 2022 after eating contaminated fish.
The incident led to the arrest of Sandra’s brother Dennis Ndube who was the vendor. He was arraigned in Court and charged before being released on a Ksh100,000 cash bond at Makadara Law Courts.
The container was later confiscated by Kenya Bureau of Standards on 8th September 2022 and together with NEMA to destroy.