Body of Senior AP Officer who Died In USA Sneaked To Kenya, Police Don’t Want Post-mortem Done


By The Times Investigative Team

The Body of the Senior AP officer Walter Nyankieya Nyamato who was found dead in his hotel room while on official duty was flown into the country in a low key event and is lying at the Lee Funeral Home in Nairobi, awaiting his interment on Friday 15th March 2024 at his home in Nyatieko Village, Kitutu Masaba Constituency, Nyamira County.

In a twist of events, police have not yet handed over the body to the family and have also told the family not to conduct a postmortem on the body so as to ascertain what exactly led to his death.

Sources also reveal that the family has also not been briefed by the police who are holding onto the body on what really transpired with only preparations that are in top gear to have the Senior Inspector of Police Officer who was also the Personal Assistant to Deputy Inspector General of Police Noor Gabow buried hurriedly.

Officials in the US investigating the death suspect high blood pressure as the cause but the family thinks otherwise saying they need to first have a postmortem conducted on the body but police seem keen not have it done.

His colleagues said he had failed to wake up and when they went to check on him, they found the body on the bed.

The family’s statement is contrary to what Gabow said that Nyankieya was attending a seminar in the US when he was found dead in his room.

Speaking with journalists at their Nyatieko home, parents of the deceased Mr Philip Nyamato Obwaya together with his wife say that they have no history of their son having any health complications before, which raises their suspicions and curiosity and demand for a post-mortem be conducted before their son is buried.

It is also raising eye brows as to why the police arranging the officer’s burial are not ready to hand over his body to the family, only insisting that they will give his report to the family once he has been buried.

Nyankieya’s family however said they knew he was on a mission to Haiti.
They said the team had left Nairobi and landed in Washington DC for a briefing and was to fly to Miami and later to Haiti.

They were to present a reviewed memorandum of understanding sent by Haiti for signing and fly back to Kenya for final agreements.

It has also emerged that the police who are arranging for his burial have blocked his wife from being recognized and have instead brought back his estranged first wife with whom they had since called it quits.

They police have further arranged for a mass at SGB Uhuru Camp on Wednesday 13th March 2024.

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *